Why it stands apart?
- Full integration with HTML/CSS.
- Simple things are done simply.
- Supported by all major browsers and enabled by default.
What is a framework and why do we need it?
There are two types of frameworks in js:
- Front end: React, Angular, Vue
- Backend: Express, Next.js
Below, we mention the prominent frameworks for your upcoming projects, along with their merits, demerits and the established websites which are using them:
AngularJS is used as the frontend of the MEAN stack, consisting of MongoDB database, Express.js web application server framework, AngularJS itself, and Node.js server runtime environment.
Soon, Google will no longer update AngularJS to fix security, browser compatibility, or jQuery issues. The Angular team recommends upgrading to Angular as the best path forward.
- Model View Whatever
- Deep Linking
- Dependency Injection
- Not Secure
- Companies using Angular : Google, Microsoft, YouTube,etc
Vue.js features an incrementally adaptable architecture that focuses on declarative rendering and component composition. The core library is focused on the view layer only. Advanced features required for complex applications such as routing, state management and build tooling are offered via officially maintained supporting libraries and packages.
Vue.js allows for extending HTML with HTML attributes called directives. The directives offer functionality to HTML applications, and come as either built-in or user defined directives.
- Small Size
- Lack Of Support
- Language Barriers
- Over Flexibility
- Limited Plugins
Companies using : Stack Overflow, GitLab, Adobe, etc
- Easy to Learn and USe
- Creating Dynamic Web Applications Becomes Easier
- Reusable Components
- Performance Enhancement
- Known to be SEO Friendly
- 1. The high pace of development
- 2. Poor Documentation
- 3. We need some other technologies to be able to develop projects easily.
Companies using react framework: WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, etc
- It enables code readability, re-use and helps in producing the app much faster.
- We don’t need extra DOM for conversion into DOM operations.
- Much less IDE support as compared to other frameworks
- Unavailability of Svelte Dev Tools
- Small community of contributors and developers.
Companies using Svelte: Codustry, Screeb, Kontist, etc
- Potent add-ons
- Command Line Interface
- Ember will make an excellent choice which increases your productivity.
- Strong Community
- Tough to learn
- Varied Opinions
- Stagnant popularity and inability of attracting new developers
Companies: Microsoft, Apple, LinkedIn, Netflix, etc.
- Light weight
- Good API and documentation
- Event driven communication
- Many small libraries
- Longer development time
Companies: Airbnb, Drupal, Trelllo, etc.
Next.js is an open-source development framework built on top of Node.js enabling React based web applications functionalities such as server-side rendering and generating static websites. React documentation mentions Next.js among “Recommended Toolchains” advising it to developers as a solution when “building a server-rendered website with Node.js”. Traditional React apps render all their content in the client-side browser, Next.js is used to extend this functionality to include applications rendered on the server side.
- Data security
- Short page load time
- Adaptability and responsiveness
- Built in CSS support
- Organic traffic growth for marketers
- Lack of built-in state manager
- Low on plug-ins
- Cost of flexibility
Companies: Netflix, GitHub, Avocode, etc.
- Is extremely convenient
- Smart packages help to save you time
- Simple to learn
- Helps to build quite fast
- Meteor JS enables you to create all implementations of your application in a single location.
- We need external packages to join data from different sources and join them some particular property
- Lack of control mechanism over order of loading files
Companies: Deloitte, Nordstrom, Accenture, etc.
- Easy to Learn
- High Performance
- Easy Coding
- Easy Testing
Companies: Deloitte, Chegg, Dev, etc.
Express.js, or simply Express, is a back end web application framework for Node.js, released as free and open-source software. It is designed for building web applications and APIs.
- Makes app development fast and easy
- Easy to connect with database such as mysql, mongodb, etc
- Easy to configure and customize.
- Huge community
- Easy to learn
- Performance is adversely affected when load increases
- Lack of libraries
Companies: PayPal, Uber, IBM, etc.
Just like every coin has a head and tails, every framework has its own benefits and drawbacks. Hence, none of the above mentioned frameworks are the best or the worst. Every project has its own specific requirement and hence a specific framework. The ability of choosing the best suitable framework comes from involving ourselves in more projects and gaining experience.